Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
When you apply to Arizona State University, you will be asked to indicate your intended major
Once students have completed initial coursework in the BA in Theatre, they have the option to apply to the concentration in Acting for Stage and Screen (Theatre). To do this, students must audition and submit additional application materials.
Based on satisfactory artistic work and growth, production participation, evidence of a strong work ethic as well as the following:
- Complete or be in process of completing theatre core courses (THF101 or THP 102, THP202, THP272, THP277).
- Minimum 2.50 overall GPA/3.00 Theatre GPA.
When to apply?
- Apply to the Acting Concentration in the Spring semester of your Sophomore year to allow for two academic years of supervision.
- Transfer students apply in the first semester of their Junior year.
- Freshmen are not eligible to apply.
Application deadlines and audition dates:
For Fall 2019 Admissions:
- Transfer students only
- Materials due by 5 pm Friday, Oct. 11, 2019.
- Auditions Friday, Oct. 18, 2019. Location: TBD
For Spring 2020 Admissions:
- Sophomores in their 2nd semester
- Materials due by 5pm Friday, April 4, 2020
- Auditions Friday, April 10, 2020. Location: TBD
Application process and materials:
Complete the online Application for Acting Concentration.
Compile the following materials:
- Evidence of participation in any capacity in at least one Main Stage or Student Production Board/Binary production
- Unofficial transcript
- One-page, single-spaced formal Letter of Intent explaining your reasons for applying and your artistic/professional goals: who are you and what do you wish to learn?
- One-page Performance/Theatrical resume
- Professional Headshot
- NOTE: the Letter of Intent, Resume, and Headshot will be uploaded to the online application.
AUDITIONS are with Micha Espinosa and the Performance faculty.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview/audition time.
Please prepare a short monologue and bring a headshot with attached resume.
- For Fall 2019: On or about Friday, Oct. 25, 2019.
- For Spring 2020: On or about Friday, Apr. 17, 2020.