Sign In / Sign Out
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
When you apply to Arizona State University, you will be asked to indicate your intended major
**You must have applied to ASU before you begin the application to Interview Day, but you do not need to be admitted through ASU Undergraduate Admissions prior to submitting your Dance Interview Day Application.**
Dance interviews are conducted on Saturdays in November, February, April and May at ASU’s Tempe campus. Actual dates to be announced. Digital interviews via Skype or FaceTime may be available by special arrangement.Complete the following materials online to interview for acceptance into the Dance or Dance Education degree program. All materials should be submitted no less than one week prior to your interview date.
Online Dance Application
- Complete a 250-word essay answering the below question. The essay should be written in a word processing program that allows you to grammar and spell check your work. Then, you will copy and paste this into the online application.
- Essay Questions:
- First-time dance applicants: The School of Film, Dance and Theatre's dance program revolves around the notion of fostering and nurturing creativity. This central principle informs all areas of practice and is supported by a core set of values - humanity, leadership, reflection, and context. Describe why these core values are important to dance and how you hope to develop as a student at ASU.
- Re-interviewing applicants: Describe what you have done to develop yourself and your movement/creative practice since your last interview (identify workshops attended, ASU classes, master classes, key experiences etc.) and address the core values of the program as detailed above.
- You will be asked to submit additional information regarding your dance experience, dance related experience, dance theory coursework, and experience with dance production and technology.
Letters of recommendations
- Please submit at least two letters of recommendation (1 technique, 1 academic) from an instructor or someone with whom you have had professional and/or artistic interaction. Do not submit letters from relatives or close friends. Letters should be emailed to Nora Cherry, recruitment and admission coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and please copy Karen Schupp, assistant director of dance, email@example.com.
Interview Day Risk Release Form