Sign In / Sign Out
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
You must meet all admission requirements of Graduate Education. Please note only students who have already earned a master's in a relevant area are accepted.
* Application deadline: Jan. 15, every odd-numbered year, for all application materials. After that date, admission is subject to space availability.
* Submit the following materials: In addition to the requirements outlined on the ASU Graduate Education website, the School of Film, Dance and Theatre requires additional application materials for the Ph.D. degree. These materials should be sent directly to the School of Film, Dance and Theatre:
* Statement of Purpose: In this statement, applicants should cogently explain their research and educational philosophies and future career goals. After reading these statements the Ph.D. faculty should understand not only applicants’ current passions, but also why the TPOA program at ASU would be an appropriate fit to meet their educational, philosophical and scholarly goals.
– Current Curriculum Vitae
– Sample of Scholarly Writing
– Three Letters of Recommendation from scholars familiar with your work
Please submit the above materials to
Arizona State University School of Film, Dance and Theatre
PO Box 872002 Tempe AZ 85287-2002
Phone: 480.965.5337 Fax: 480.965.5351
* An interview is recommended, via phone, Skype or campus visit. To arrange, contact Tamara.Underiner@asu.edu