Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
You must meet all admission requirements of graduate education:
- Online ASU Graduate application form
- Application fee
- Official Transcripts from each college or university from which a bachelor’s or higher degree was earned
- Official Test Scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if required, to Graduate College
In addition to the requirements outlined on the Graduate College web site, the School of Film, Dance and Theatre requires additional application materials for this MFA degree. These materials should be sent directly to the School of Film, Dance and Theatre:
- Statement of Purpose: In this statement, applicants should clearly explain their aesthetic and educational philosophies and future career goals. After reading these statements the TYA faculty should understand not only applicants’ current passions, but also why the Theatre for Youth program at ASU would be an appropriate fit to meet students’ artistic, educational, practical and scholarly goals. We are looking for thoughtful, well-informed artists/scholars/educators and citizens.
- Current Curriculum Vitae: Current resumes are also acceptable, although acting resumes are not useful for acceptance purposes.
- A Work Sample: A web-based electronic portfolio/link is preferred but applicants can send electronic material as appropriate. Your work sample should allow the program to see your aesthetic frame, teaching competency or skills in particular realms. Work samples are not expected to fit a particular format but rather should showcase your unique abilities and aesthetic skills.
- Three Letters of Recommendation from individuals familiar with your work.
Send all materials electronically to Graduate Coordinator: email@example.com.
Application deadline: The deadline for receipt of all application materials is Jan. 15, 2020. After the deadline, admission is subject to space availability. Given the competitive nature of the program, applicants without a complete file will not be considered.
An interview is required for application into the MFA program. Selected applicants will be invited to interview for the program on Friday, Feb. 21, 2020. Applicants will be notified no later than Jan. 25, 2020 of their first-round application status.